Saturday, April 12, 2008

Lab9

I finally got Lab9 up and running! It can be found at the following link: http://mason.gmu.edu/~alechner/stub.html. From here, you can get to my four maps. Since my first one was of Malta, my remaining maps are all of Malta to keep up the theme, so that it became, more or less, a Malta map site. I had some trouble with the loading screen/animation. I could not get the triangle to move along with the loading no matter how I tried it. I even tried a motion tween, but it did not seem to work. I'm just happy that the percentages and number of bytes went up as it loaded.

I also had some trouble with the "home" button actually. I tried to make one using just the word "home", but it didn't seem to work no matter how I tweaked it. I finally switched to an already-made button in the Flash Library and it worked on my first try! I am happy with how easy it was to keep the interactivity on all 4 maps--just by changing the basemaps and naming each instance "myMap", I was able to keep the zoom/pan on all maps with no changes in the coding.

No comments: