Sunday, March 16, 2008

Lab 5


Lab 5 has been posted to the following link: http://mason.gmu.edu/~alechner/lab5.html. The animation portion was suprisingly easy to get to work once you have the procedure down pat. The hardest part of this lab was interpolating the old map with the new boundaries map. I had to guess at the location of many cities in order to orient the troop paths on the new map. I also needed to use a lot of cities as reference points for this, so the basemap looks a little cluttered. I also used modern flags as my troop symbols to go with the modern boundaries map, even though the actual flags were different during WWII. I got errors initially when I went to my uploaded project link, but you should be able to see it if you add it to your trusted sites. It also takes some time to load, perhaps because it is a big file.


I have also included a screenshot of how the map looks in case you cannot get it to load.

No comments: