Saturday, March 29, 2008

Lab 7

Lab 7 has been posted to the following link: http://mason.gmu.edu/~alechner/lab7.html. The hardest part of this one was getting the splash screen to work properly. I did the scene method, but since it made the spash screen scene 2 by default, it always played the map first then the flash screen. I found that I had to rename/rearrange the scenes under the scene panel (visible under "other panels" in the Window tab. I also found that script assist works well in coding the play button on the spash screen to play frame 1 of the second scene, as long as you pick under the arrow button next to Scene in script assist. I spent a long time trying to code it based on scene number, but it didn't work.

The link and rollover effects were very easy to get to work, and add a whole new dimension to the project. I also added in sounds again (I love using sound clips). Hope you enjoy them!

No comments: